Sooooo, I’ve watched Eight Days A Week twice in the past 24 hours and have a lot to say about the film itself, but while I put that together, here’s a drinking game.
One drink whenever:
- A photo is subtly “enhanced” with moving cigarette smoke
- Modern-day Ringo is seen wearing a peace sign
- George waves awkwardly
- The Beatles perform in a different country
- Brian Epstein looks fabulous
- Someone describes something as “mahhvelous,” “fab,” or “a laff”
- There’s a cheesy reference to the Beatles’ haircuts
- A girl faints (it was going to be whenever a girl screams, or cries, but that is literally the entire film)
- For any B&W footage that is obviously/painfully colorized
- Jimmie Nicol appears
- Paul admits to being high during the filming of Help!
- George Martin is directly referred to as a god
- John apologizes
- “GOOD OL FREDA!”
Disclaimer: It’s possibly more fun to come up with these than to actually play them (see also: TOS 1, TOS 2, and Pete Townshend’s autobiography). Really, all I’m trying to get you to do is watch the film.